Notice (2) Club Status Update June 2020 “ “Club Members, in consideration of the following:
1. We are a club of primarily older aged individuals and as often does accompany age, there tends to come the addition of factors that put many of our members into a high risk category! 2. Only a very few number of members have expressed interest in re-opening the club at this time. Even fewer in leading and or being responsible for leading an event. 3. We are not a for-profit business and thus our economic survival does not rest on taking an inappropriate risk to reopen at this time, to put our members at increased risk, or to assume increased liability for that risk. 4. The numbers of infectious and hospitalized with Covid-19 continue to be on a rising trend in our region, our state and most certainly in the states that surround us and where people often travel to and from here, and from there to our regions trails, parks and forests in this area. Not a single state in our region has met the CDC criteria for re-opening in spite of having done so and we are beginning to see the results of that in the data that is being reported. 5. Some people are refusing to follow safe and reasonable guidelines to protect themselves and others. 6. We are still in the midst of a global pandemic. There is still no available definitive treatment, or vaccine available.
In consideration of these factors, member discussion and other available data, I believe that the executive board is in agreement that the club continues in a holding pattern with NO club sanctioned events at this time. We will re-evaluate at a later date. In appreciation of and consideration of the many years most of the club leadership and event leaders have diligently worked to keep the club going, I would also say that this break is well deserved for them! Without their ongoing efforts there would be no club, unless others step into those roles. Something to think about over this break period, that I have been communicating, that must be addressed for the future continuation of this club. Please use this break to focus on the health and safety of you and your family at this time.”
If a few members of our club still want to meet for a hike or bike ride, it can be coordinated on our Facebook Page by the people who want to do it; with the understanding and the following posted disclosure that “the event is not sanctioned by the club and people do it at their own risk, CDC guidelines are highly recommended.”
As far as October meeting, let’s review that in September.
I believe this new normal will have to be reviewed on regular basis, potential monthly based as the situation evolves and with club input. Jeannine - Club President
ENTERING "URGENT" NOTICE AREA To Include... KNOWN SAFETY ISSUES, ROAD CLOSURES, INCLIMATE WEATHER, CANCELLATIONS or ALTERATIONS Scroll down to see numbered notices!!!
In the EVENT of a CHANGE IN HIKING/CLUB EVENT SCHEDULE, INCLIMATE WEATHER OR OTHER CANCELLATION OR EMERGENCY NOTICE...We will do our best to post here, on the club Facebook page and send our dues paying members an email and or text/call. Please be aware that the Club is located within technologically challenged areas and rural mountainous terrain. This may not always be possible, use your own common sense and contact the hike/event leader listed on the schedule if you have any questions or concerns. Please scroll down to see numbered notices!!!